I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne.
I hold degrees in Computer Science (BSc), Cognitive Science (MSc), and Human-Computer Interaction (PhD).
You can contact me via:
- email: greg.wadley at unimelb.edu.au
- phone: +613 8344 1586
- office: room 3.03, Doug McDonell building
- orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4230-3440
I work at the intersection of technology design and health. Current projects include:
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence: Interactive Digital Technology to Transform Australia's Chronic Disease Outcomes, led by Professor Brian Oldenburg of Melbourne Population and Global Health
- MRFF Million Minds project: Bringing family, community, culture and country to indigenous youth mental health care, led by Professor Sandra Eades of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- ARC Discovery Project: Conceptualising and Measuring 'Digital Emotion Regulation', led by Professor Vas Kostakos of the School of Computing and Information Systems
- ARC Discovery Indigenous Project: #thismymob: Establishing Digital Land Rights and Reconnecting Indigenous Communities through Emerging Technologies, led by A/Prof Chris Lawrence of UTS
- Melbourne Centre for Behaviour Change, led by Professor Charles Abraham, Professor Ron Borland and Dr Camille Short of the Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences
- Shepherd Foundation project: Driving to Health: A mental health app for taxi drivers led by Dr Sandra Davidson of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Beischer Foundation project: IVY: InVestigating an online community of support for emotional health in pregnancy, led by Professor Della Forster of Latrobe University
- Moderated online social therapy for youth mental health, led by Professor Mario Alverez-Jimenez of Orygen: The National Centre of Youth Mental Health
- designing a Living Archive of Aboriginal Art, led by Maree Clarke, Yorta Yorta artist
- Creativity and Wellbeing Hallmark Research Initiative project on community radio, led by Amanda Krause of the Melbourne Conservatorium Of Music
- designing VR-based therapies for youth mental health
- WeHELP pregnancy support, with Western Health and the Melbourne Medical School
- investigator on MSSI project 'Communicating Climate Effectiveness: improving local development and climate change project effectiveness using mobile phones in the Nadi Basin, Fiji'
- research fellow on ARC Linkage project Social Networking Sites for Ambivalent Socialisers: The Case of Smoking Cessation
- research fellow on IBES project 'Getting Well and Being Present: Using ambient technology to create a presence at home and at school for hospitalised children'
- ISYS 90077 Designing Digital Health Solutions (coordinator)
- INFO 20005 User Interface Development (coordinator)
- AC for CHI 2020 Health Subcommittee
- Workshops Chair at OzCHI 2019
- seeking HCI Masters students to undertake projects on digital emotion regulation
- Commission Collision 2020 project on art and computing
- panel on Music and Mood at Melbourne Music Week
- co-organising a workshop on Indigenous HCI at OzCHI 2019
- co-editing special issue of JMIR Mental Health on Video Games for Mental Health
- co-organized the 4th Symposium on Computing and Mental Health at CHI 2019, with accompanying special issue of JMIR Mental Health
- Seabrook E, Kelly R, Foley F, Theiler S, Thomas N, Wadley G, Nedeljkovic M (accepted) Understanding how virtual reality can support mindfulness practice: Mixed methods study. JMIR.
- Davidson S, Fletcher S, Wadley G, Reavley N, Gunn J, Wade D (2020) A Mobile Phone App to Improve the Mental Health of Taxi Drivers: Single-Arm Feasibility Trial. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2020;8(1):e13133 DOI: 10.2196/13133
- Sarsenbayeva, Marini, van Berkel, Luo, Jiang, Yang, Wadley, Dingler, Kostakos, Goncalves (accepted) Does Smartphone Use Drive our Emotions or vice versa? A Causal Analysis. CHI 2020.
- Dourish, Lawrence, Leong, Wadley (accepted) On Being Iterated: The Affective Demands of Design Participation. CHI 2020.
- (see all publications)
- (Google Scholar profile)