I hold degrees in Computer Science (BSc, Qld), Cognitive Science (MSc, Melb) and Human-Computer Interaction (PhD, Melb).
Emotion and its Regulation
I study how people use technology to manage their emotions, informed by psychological research on emotion regulation.
Avatars and Virtual Worlds
- Health Subcommittee co-chair for CHI 2022 and CHI 2023
- Paper Chair for OzCHI 2022
- Workshop on The Future of Emotion in Human-Computer Interaction at CHI 2022
- new project to trial avatar therapy for mental health
- Panelist at Immersive mindfulness: can real life compare with digital worlds? at National Science Week
- Wadley, G., Kostakos, V., Koval, P., Smith, W., Webber, S., Cox, A., Gross, J., Höök, K., Mandryk, R. & Slovák, P. (2022) The Future of Emotion in Human-Computer Interaction . CHI '22 Extended Abstracts
- Smith, W., Wadley, G., Webber, S., Tag, B., Kostakos, V., Koval, P., and Gross, J. (2022) Digital Emotion Regulation in Everyday Life. Proceedings of CHI 2022
- Kelly, R., Seabrook, E., Foley, F., Thomas, N., Nedjelkovic, M. & Wadley G. (2022). Design considerations for supporting mindfulness in virtual reality. Frontiers in Virtual Reality, vol. 2.
My service work includes chairing a human research ethics committee, organizing conferences, managing publication reviews, community outreach teaching, and speaking at events and in the media.
- email: greg.wadley at unimelb.edu.au
School of Computing and Information Systems
Level 5, Melbourne Connect
700 Swanston Street
University of Melbourne, VIC 3010, Australia