I am a Senior Lecturer in the School of Computing and Information Systems at the University of Melbourne. I hold degrees in Human-Computer Interaction (PhD), Cognitive Science (MSc), and Computer Science (BSc). I am a member of ACM SIGCHI and the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society of Australia. You can contact me via:
- email: greg.wadley at unimelb.edu.au
- orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4230-3440
- phone: +613 8344 1586
- office: room 3.03, Doug McDonell building
I work at the intersection of technology design and health. Current projects include:
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence: Interactive Digital Technology to Transform Australia's Chronic Disease Outcomes, led by Professor Brian Oldenburg of Melbourne Population and Global Health
- MRFF Million Minds project: Bringing family, community, culture and country to indigenous youth mental health care, led by Professor Sandra Eades of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- ARC Discovery Project: Conceptualising and Measuring 'Digital Emotion Regulation', led by Professor Vas Kostakos of the School of Computing and Information Systems
- ARC Discovery Indigenous Project: #thismymob: Establishing Digital Land Rights and Reconnecting Indigenous Communities through Emerging Technologies, led by A/Prof Chris Lawrence of UTS
- Melbourne Centre for Behaviour Change, led by Professor Charles Abraham, Professor Ron Borland, Dr Camille Short
- Shepherd Foundation project: Driving to Health: A mental health app for taxi drivers led by Dr Sandra Davidson of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Beischer Foundation project: IVY: InVestigating an online community of support for emotional health in pregnancy, led by Professor Della Forster of Latrobe University
- Moderated online social therapy for youth mental health, led by Professor Mario Alverez-Jimenez of Orygen: The National Centre of Youth Mental Health
- designing a Living Archive of Aboriginal Art, led by Maree Clarke, Yorta Yorta artist
- Creativity and Wellbeing Hallmark Research Initiative project on community radio, led by Amanda Krause of the Melbourne Conservatorium Of Music
- designing VR-based therapies for youth mental health
- WeHELP pregnancy support, with Western Health and the Melbourne Medical School
- investigator on MSSI project 'Communicating Climate Effectiveness: improving local development and climate change project effectiveness using mobile phones in the Nadi Basin, Fiji'
- research fellow on ARC Linkage project Social Networking Sites for Ambivalent Socialisers: The Case of Smoking Cessation
- research fellow on IBES project 'Getting Well and Being Present: Using ambient technology to create a presence at home and at school for hospitalised children'
- ISYS 90077 Designing Digital Health Solutions (coordinator)
- INFO 20005 User Interface Development (coordinator)
- INFO 90002 Database Systems and Information Modelling (coordinator)
- Health Subcommittee AC for CHI 2020
- Workshops Chair at OzCHI 2019
- panel on Music and Mood at Melbourne Music Week
- co-organising a workshop on Indigenous HCI at OzCHI 2019
- co-editing special issue of JMIR Mental Health on Video Games for Mental Health
- co-organized the 4th Symposium on Computing and Mental Health at CHI 2019, with accompanying special issue of JMIR Mental Health
- Wadley, G., Krause, A., Liang, J., Wang, Z. and Leong, T. (2019) Use of music streaming platforms for emotion regulation by international students. Proceedings of OzCHI 2019.
- Leong, T. W., Lawrence, C. and Wadley, G. (2019) Designing for diversity in Aboriginal Australia: Insights from a national technology project. Proceedings of OzCHI 2019
- Davidson S, Fletcher S, Wadley G, Reavley N, Gunn J, Wade D (accepted, 2019) Feasibility study of Driving to Health: A mental health mobile-friendly website for taxi drivers. JMIR mHealth and uHealth
- Lederman, R., Gleeson, J., Wadley, G., D'Alfonso, S., Rice, S., Santesteban-Echarri, O., Alvarez-Jimenez, M. (2019) Support for carers of young people with mental illness: design and trial of an ICT-based therapy. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction. 26(1)
- Birk, M., Wadley, G., Vanden Abeele, V., Mandryk, R., Torous, J. (2019) Video Games for Mental Health. ACM Interactions XXVI.4 July-August 2019 p32.
- Baptista, S., Trawley, S., Pouwer, F., Oldenburg, B., Wadley, G., Speight, J. (2019) What do adults with type 2 diabetes want from the 'perfect' app? Results from the second Diabetes MILES—Australia (MILES2) study. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics 21 (7).
- (see all publications)
- (Google Scholar profile)