Leader, Human-Computer Interaction group
Deputy Director, NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence in Digital Health
Marie Curie Fellow
Fellow, Academy of Finland Distinguished Professor Program
Founding Editor, PACM IMWUT
Honorary Researcher, Northern Hospital
- 18 May 2020: Check out my analysis of Australia Health Insurance funds.
- 15 Apr 2020: Check out my analysis of the Facebook mobility data for COVID-19.
- 21 Feb 2020: New version of our AWARE framework, AWARE-Light is now available.
- 5 Sep 2019: New Centre for Research Excellence funded by NHMRC.
- 4 May 2019: I am chairing the Technical Program Commitee at CHI 2019.
- 15 Jan 2019: We have been awarded an ARC discovery project on Digital Emotion Regulation.
- 23 Nov 2018: Check out the Smart Hospital Living Lab.
- 3 Oct 2017: Giving the opening keynote at the Northern Health Research Week in Melbourne.
- 10 Jul 2017: I am one of the instructors at the ACM Summer School on Crowdsourcing in Suzhou, China.
- 8 Mar 2017: I have moved to the University of Melbourne, School of Computing and Information Systems.
- 15 Nov 2016: I'm one of the editors of the new journal PACM IMWUT, that will replace the main technical track of the UbiComp conference. Please submit!
- 12 Sep 2016: Invited speaker Symposium on HCI Grand Challenges at UCL.
- 22-28 Aug 2016: I'm one of the instructors at the Vienna Summer School on Smart Cities.
Potential PhD students
- My group is looking for PhD students to work with us. You need to have strong technical skills, and be motivated to build novel interactive technologies that better understand and better respond to humans.
- Please have a look at my research and publications pages to get an understanding of the research we do. Most recently, I launched the initiative known as the Smart Hospital Living Lab.
- If you send me an email regarding doing a PhD, please include your CV, transcripts, and a summary of the kind of research you want to do.