Mail me (l.sonenberg "at" unimelb.edu.au) for copies of the following
· Ronal Singh, Liz Sonenberg, Tim Miller: Communication and Shared Mental Models for Teams Performing Interdependent Tasks. In Osman, Nardine, Sierra, Carles (Eds.) AAMAS 2016 Workshops, Best Papers, Singapore, Singapore, May 9-10, 2016, Revised Selected Papers, Lecture Notes in Computer Science volume 10002 2016: 163-179
· W Smith, F Dignum, L Sonenberg. The construction of impossibility: a logic-based analysis of conjuring tricks Frontiers in Psychology, 2016 http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00748
· Christian J. Muise, Frank Dignum, Paolo Felli, Tim Miller, Adrian R. Pearce, Liz Sonenberg: Towards Team Formation via Automated Planning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science volume 9628 Selected Papers COIN@AAMAS/IJCAI 2015: 282-299, Paolo Felli, Sheila A. McIlraith, Tim Miller, Adrian R. Pearce, Liz Sonenberg: Planning Over Multi-Agent Epistemic States: A Classical Planning Approach. AAAI 2015: 3327-3334
· Jens Pfau, Y Kashima, L Sonenberg (2015) A two-level computational architecture for modeling human joint action. In Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Cognitive Modelling (ICCM), N. Taatgen, M. van Vugt, J. Borst, and K. Mehlhorn, Eds},6 pp
· Kathleen Keogh and Liz Sonenberg. (2014) "Designing Organisation-aware agents using OJaZZIC" In Proceedings, COIN 2014 Workshop,
· R Singh, T Miller, L Sonenberg: 2014 "A Preliminary Analysis of Interdependence in Multiagent Systems", In Proceedings of PRIMA 2014: Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems, pp 381-389
· Miller, T.; Pearce, A. R.; Sonenberg, L.; Dignum, F.; Felli, P.; and Muise, C. (2014) Foundations of Human-Agent Collaboration: Situation-Relevant Information Sharing. In The AAAI 2014 Fall Symposium on AI for Human-Robot Interaction, 2014
· Felli, P., Miller, T., Muise, C., Pearce, A., Sonenberg, L: Artificial social reasoning: computational mechanisms for reasoning about others, Proceedings of the International Conference on Social Robotics pp146-155, 2014
· Jens Pfau, Samin Karim, Michael Kirley and Liz Sonenberg: Improving cognitive agent decision making: Experience trajectories as plans. Web Intelligence and Agent Systems 12(2014)267-287
· J. Pfau, T. Miller, and L. Sonenberg: Modelling and Using Common Ground in Human-agent Collaboration during Spacecraft Operations, SpaceOps 2014: 13th International Conference on Space Operations, May, 2014.
· Jenny Waycott, Hilary Davis, Steve Howard, Rens Scheepers and Liz Sonenberg (2014) "The individual in multiple interacting activity systems: IT-supported diabetes management" Information Technology & People 27(4) 463-481 http://www.emeraldinsight.com/toc/itp/27/4
· Committee on Integrating Humans, Machines and Networks: A Global Review of Data-to-Decision Technologies; Board on Global Science and Technology (2014): "Complex Operational Decision Making in Networked Systems of Humans and Machines: A Multidisciplinary Approach". Report available from National Academies Press
· Kathleen Keogh and Liz Sonenberg. (2014) "Coordination using social policies in dynamic agent organisations" In Postproceedings, COIN 2013 Workshop, Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence vol 8386 pp 83-102
· Raymond So and Liz Sonenberg. "Generating Anticipatory Behaviors in Human-Automation Collaboration: A Preliminary Report," Proceedings of the Annual Conference on Engineering and Information Technology (ACEAIT 2014), Tokyo, Japan, 2014.
· Yen-Ting Kuo, Andrew Lonie, Adrian Pearce and Liz Sonenberg (2014) "Mining Surprising Patterns and Their Explanations in Clinical Data" Applied Artificial Intelligence volume 28(2),111-138 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/08839514.2014.875679
· Jens Pfau, Yoshihisa Kashima, and Liz Sonenberg. (2014) "Towards Agent-Based Models of Cultural Dynamics: A Case of Stereotypes" Chapter 8, pp 129-147, in (eds) V Dignum and Frank Dignum and Tiberiu Stratulat and Jacques Ferber "Perspectives on Culture and Agent-based Simulations" Springer Series on the Philosophy of Sociality, volume 3. Based on a workshop of the same title, held in April 2010 at the Lorentz Center, University of Leiden http://www.lorentzcenter.nl/lc/web/2010/397/info.php3?wsid=397
· Kathleen Keogh and Liz Sonenberg (2012) "Adaptive Coordination in Distributed and Dynamic Agent Organisations," In Coordination, Organizations, Institutions, and Norms in Agent Systems VI, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence vol 7254, pp 38-57
· Jens Pfau, Liz Sonenberg, Yoshi Kashima (2012) "Towards a Computational Formalism for a Grounding Model of Cultural Transmission," ASE/IEEE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom), Amsterdam (The Netherlands), September 3-6, 2012
· Raymond So and Liz Sonenberg. (2012) "Situation Awareness: An Agent-oriented Software Engineering Perspective" In (eds) Mehul Bhatt and Hans Guesgen,Situational Awareness for Assistive Technologies, part of the Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments (AISE) Series by IOS Press, 125-139.
· Adrian R. Pearce, Liz Sonenberg and Paddy Nixon. (2011) "Toward resilient human-robot interaction through situation projection for effective joint action" In AAAI Fall symposium on Robot-Human Team-Work in Dynamic Adverse Environments AAAI 2011 Fall Symposium Series, November 4-6 2011, Arlington VA
· Dumesny, Jacob and Miller, Tim and Kirley, Michael and Sonenberg, Liz. (2011) "TATM: A Trust Mechanism for Social Traders in Double Auctions." In AI 2011: Advances in Artificial Intelligence, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol 7106, (eds) Wang, Dianhui and Reynolds, Mark, pp 402-411, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-25832-9_41
· Scheepers, R., Davis, H., Sonenberg, L., Howard, S. 2011, Consumer Health ICT and the patient in the middle: adopter and/or influencer? In Proceedings of the 15th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2011).
· (Editors) Liz Sonenberg, Peter Stone, Kagan Tumer, Pinar Yolum: Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2011), Taipei, Taiwan, May 2-6, 2011, Volume 1-3 IFAAMAS 2011
· Karl Grieser, Timothy Baldwin, Fabian Bohnert, Liz Sonenberg. (2011) "Using ontological and document similarity to estimate museum exhibit relatedness", Journal on Computing and Cultural Heritage (JOCCH), Volume 3 Issue 3, March 2011 http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/1921614.1921617
· Philippe Pasquier, Ramon Hollands, Iyad Rahwan, Frank Dignum, Liz Sonenberg. (2011) An Empirical Study of Interest-based Negotiation Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Volume 22, Number 2 (2011)249-288 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10458-010-9125-6
· Steve Goschnick, Liz Sonenberg & Sandrine Balbo (2010). A Composite Task Meta-model as a Reference Model, Human-Computer Interaction, IFIP AICT 332, pp26-38, Springer Berlin (Proceedings, IFIP TC 13 Symposium, HCIS 2010, held as part of World Computer Congress, Sept. 20-23, Brisbane, Australia. ISBN 978-3-642-15230-6
· Davis H, Hanna V, Audehm R, Hagger V, Howard S, Scheepers R, Scibilia R & Sonenberg E. 2009. From Pre-conception to Post-partum : Envisaging ICT support for Women for Type 1 Diabetes. OzCHI Proceedings 2009 . 13-14. Melbourne, Australia: OZCHI 2009.
· Acay LD, Sonenberg E, Ricci & Pasquier . 2009. How situated is your agent? a cognitive perspective. Programming Multi-Agent Systems . Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence , Vol. 4908 Dastani, M.; El Fallah Seghrouchni, A.; Ricci, A.; Winikoff, M. (Eds.) 136 - 151. Germany: Springer Verlag.
· Black J, Koch F, Sonenberg E, Scheepers R, Khandoker A, Charry E & Soe N. 2009. Mobile Solutions for Front-Line Health Workers in Developing Countries. Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on e-Health Networking, Applications and Services . 89-93. New Jersey, United States: IEEE Press. (Best Paper Award)
· Keogh K, Sonenberg E & Smith W. 2009. Coordination in Adaptive Organisations: Extending Shared Plans with Knowledge Cultivation. Organized Adaptation in Multi-Agent Systems . Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence , Vol. 5368 Vouros, G.; Artikis, A.; Stathis, K.; Pitt, J. (Eds.) Berlin, Germany: Springer-Verlag Heidelberg, pp. 90-107.
· So WCR & Sonenberg E. 2009. The Roles of Active Perception in Intelligent Agent Systems. In Lukose & Shi (eds), Multi-Agent Systems for Society . Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence , Vol. 4078 139-152. Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag.
· Pasquier , Hollands , Dignum , Rahwan & Sonenberg E. 2009. Exploiting Hierarchical Goals in Bilateral Automated Negotiation: Empirical Study. Agent-Mediated Electronic Commerce and Trading Agent Design and Analysis. LNBIP 13 Berlin, Germany: Springer Verlag, pp. 46-61.
· Virginia Dignum, Frank Dignum, and Liz Sonenberg, Design and Analysis of Organization Adaptation in Agent Systems. Chapter 9, pages 237-268 of (Eds) Levent Yilmaz and Tuncer Ören, Agent-Directed Simulation and Systems Engineering. Wiley, 2009.
· Iyad Rahwan, Philippe Pasquier, Liz Sonenberg, Frank Dignum. A Formal Analysis of Interest-based Negotiation. Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence 55(3-4)(2009). http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10472-009-9145-6
· Budhitama Subagdja, Iyad Rahwan, Liz Sonenberg, "Intentional Learning Agent Architecture," Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems, Volume 18(3)(2009), pages 417 - 470 SpringerLink: http://www.springerlink.com/openurl.asp?genre=article&id=doi:10.1007/s10458-008-9066-5
· Daghan Acay, Gil Tidhar, Liz Sonenberg. "Extending Agent Capabilities: Tools vs. Agents." Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on. Intelligent Agent Technology pages 259-265 . http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/WIIAT.2008.24
· Yen-Ting Kuo, Andrew Lonie, Liz Sonenberg, . "Finding Explanations for Assisting Pattern Interpretation." Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence, Sydney, December 2008 (Short Paper, 4 pages)
· Grieser, Karl, Timothy Baldwin, Fabian Bohnert and Liz Sonenberg (2008) Using Collaboratively Constructed Document Collections to Simulate Real World Object Comparisons , In Proceedings of the Thirteenth Australian Document Computing Symposium (ADCS 2008) , Hobart, Australia, pp. 73—76.
· Steve Goschnick, Sandrine Balbo, Liz Sonenberg, "From task to agent-oriented meta-models and back again," In proceedings of the 7th International workshop on TAsk MOdels and DIAgrams (TAMODIA 2008) http://wwwswt.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HCSE2008/ Italy, September 2008 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85992-5_4
· Steve Goschnick, Sandrine Balbo, Liz Sonenberg, "ShaMAN: An agent meta-model for computer games (Short paper)," In proceedings of the 2nd Conference on Human-Centred Software Engineering (HCSE 2008) http://wwwswt.informatik.uni-rostock.de/HCSE2008/ Italy, September 2008 http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-85992-5_22
· Andrew Koster, Fernando Koch, Liz Sonenberg, Frank Dignum. "Augmenting BDI with relevance: Supporting agent-based, pervasive applications." In proceedings of the Pervasive Mobile Interaction Devices (PERMID 2008) Workshop at Pervasive 2008 www.pervasive2008.org Sydney, May 2008
· Daghan Acay, Liz Sonenberg, Alessandro Ricci and Philippe Pasquier, "How situated is your agent? A cognitive perspective." (In proceedings o fthe PROMAS. Programming multi-agent systems Workshop www.cs.uu.nl/ProMAS/2008/ at AAMAS 2008 http://gaips.inesc-id.pt/aamas2008/
· Steve Goschnick, Sandrine Balbo, Liz Sonenberg, "The SHAMAN Agent Meta-model," In proceedings of the ATOP: Agent-based technologies and applications for enterprise interoperability http://www-ags.dfki.uni-sb.de/~kuf/atop/ Workshop at AAMAS 2008 http://gaips.inesc-id.pt/aamas2008/
· Kathleen Keogh, Liz Sonenberg, Wally Smith, "Coordination in Adaptive Organisations: Extending SharedPlans with Knowledge Cultivation," In proceedings of the OAMAS Workshop OAMAS: Organised adaptation in multi-agent systems http://oamas08.iit.demokritos.gr at AAMAS 2008 http://gaips.inesc-id.pt/aamas2008/
· Fabian Bohnert, Ingrid Zukerman, Shlomo Berkovsky, Timothy Baldwin, and Liz Sonenberg: "Using Collaborative Models to Adaptively Predict Visitor Locations in Museums". In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems (AH-08), pages 42-51, Hanover, Germany, 2008. Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 5149/2008. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-70987-9
· Fabian Bohnert, Ingrid Zukerman, Shlomo Berkovsky, Timothy Baldwin, Liz Sonenberg: "Using Interest and Transition Models to Predict Visitor Locations in Museums". In AI Communications 21(2-3) - Special Issue on Recommender Systems, pages 195-202, 2008 http://iospress.metapress.com/index/J3151033166G2610.pdf
· Kathleen Keogh, Liz Sonenberg, "Prospects for e-collaboration with artificial partners," Encyclopedia of e-Collaboration (ed) Ned Kock, IGI Global (to appear, 2008) ISBN: 978-1-59904-000-4 http://www.igi-pub.com/reference/details.asp?id=6952
· Daghan Acay, Philippe Pasquier, Liz Sonenberg (2007). Extrospection: Agents Reasoning About the Environment. In Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Environments (IE'07), Ulm, Germany, Sep 2007
· Yen-Ting Kuo, Andrew Lonie, Liz Sonenberg, Kathy Paizis (2007). Domain Ontology Driven Data Mining: A Medical case study. In: proceedings of the 2007 ACM SIGKDD Workshop on Domain Driven Data Mining (DDDM 2007), August 2007, California, pages 11-17 doi: http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1288552.1288554
· I. Rahwan, P. Pasquier, L. Sonenberg, and F. Dignum (2007). On the Benefits of Exploiting Underlying Goals in Argument-based Negotiation. In: Proceedings of 22nd Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI). AAAI Press, California, USA. (Acceptance rate 27%)
· P. Pasquier, L. Sonenberg, I. Rahwan, F. Dignum, R. Hollands (2007). An Empirical Study of Interest-based Negotiation. In: Proceedings of 9th International Conference on Electronic Commerce (ICEC). ACM Press, USA. (Acceptance rate 50%) Best paper award.
· I. Rahwan, P. Pasquier, L. Sonenberg and F. Dignum (2007). On The Benefits of Exploiting Hierarchical Goals in Bilateral Automated Negotiation. Proceedings of the AAMAS International Workshop on Argumentation in Multi-Agent Systems (ArgMAS), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, May 2007
· Raymond So and Liz Sonenberg. Situation Awareness as a Form of Meta-level Control. . Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Metareasoning in Agent-Based Systems (MRABS) at AAMAS07, Honolulu, Hawaii, May, 2007.
· P. Pasquier, R. Hollands, F. Dignum, I. Rahwan and L. Sonenberg (2007). Exploiting Hierarchical Goals in Bilateral Automated Negotiation: Empirical Study. Proceedings of the AAMAS International Workshop on Agent-Mediated Electronic Commerce (AMEC), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, May 2007
· STRATUM: A Methodology for Designing Heuristic Agent Negotiation Strategies. Rahwan, I., L. Sonenberg, N. R. Jennings and P. McBurney (2007). Applied Artificial Intelligence, 21(6) (2007) 489-527 DOI
· "Keeping the patient asleep and alive: Towards a computational cognitive model of disturbance management in anaesthesia," Kathleen Keogh, Liz Sonenberg, Cognitive Systems Research 8 (2007) 249–261. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cogsys.2006.12.001
· "Plans as Products of Learning," Samin Karim, Budhitama Subagdja, Liz Sonenberg. In Proceedings of the 2006 IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology ( IAT-06 ), Hong Kong, China, December 2006. Best paper award.
· "Argumentation and Persuasion in the Cognitive Coherence Theory," Philippe Pasquier, Iyad Rahwan, Frank Dignum, Liz Sonenberg, Argumentation and Persuasion in the Cognitive Coherence Theory . In P. Dunne and T. Bench-Capon (Eds.), Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Computational Models of Argument (COMMA), Liverpool, UK. IOS Press, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pages 223-234, 2006. (Acceptance rate 58%)
· "A Hybrid Architecture Combining Reactive Plan Execution and Reactive Learning" Ah-Hwee Tan, Samin Karim, Liz Sonenberg, In PRICAI 2006: Trends in Artificial Intelligence. Proceedings of the Ninth Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Guilin China, Springer LNCS 4099, Qiang Yang and Geoff Webb (Eds), pages 200-211
· "Learning as Abductive Deliberation" Budhitama Subagdja, Liz Sonenberg, Iyad Rahwan. In PRICAI 2006: Trends in Artificial Intelligence. Proceedings of the Ninth Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Guilin China, Springer LNCS 4099, Qiang Yang and Geoff Webb (Eds), pages 11-20 (Acceptance rate 14.1%)
· Interest Based Negotiation as an Extension of Monotonic Bargaining in 3APL," Philippe Pasquier, Frank Dignum, Iyad Rahwan, Liz Sonenberg, In Agent Computing and Multi-Agent Systems: Proceedings of the Ninth Pacific Rim Workshop on Multiagent Systems (PRIMA'06) Guilin China, Springer LNCS 4088, Zhong-Zhi Shi and Ramakoti Sadananda (Eds) pages 327-338
· Kathleen Keogh, Liz Sonenberg, Agent teamwork and reorganization: exploring selfawareness in dynamic situations, Proceedings of AAMAS'07 Workshop on Agent Technology for Disaster Management (ATDM'06), Hakodate, Japan, 2006
· Philippe Pasquier, Iyad Rahwan, Frank Dignum, Liz Sonenberg, Argumentation and Persuasion in the Cognitive Coherence Theory: a Preliminary Report, International Workshop on Argumentation in MultiAgent systems (ArgMas'06), Hakodate, Japan, 2006
· Pollack, Martha E., Hambrusch, Susanne E., Ellis, Carla Schlatter, Grosz, Barbara J., Hodgins, Jessica, Bajcsy, Ruzena, Brodley, Carla E., Aiello, Luigia Carlucci, Bonacina, Maria Paola, Clarke, Lori A., Hirschberg, Julia, Veloso, Manuela M., Amato, Nancy, Sonenberg, Liz, Weyuker, Elaine, Pollock, Lori, Irwin, Mary Jane, Padgham, Lin, Ryder, Barbara G., Catarci, Tiziana, McCoy, Kathleen F., Klawe, Maria, Carberry, Sandra, Dillon, Laura, McKeown, Kathleen, Soffa, Mary Lou. (2006) Computing: report leaps geographical barriers but stumbles over gender. Nature, v.441, no.7089, 2006 May 4, p.25(1) (ISSN: 0028-0836)
· "Exploring congruence between organizational structure and task performance: a simulation approach" Frank Dignum, Virginia Dignum, and Liz Sonenberg: . In: Boissier et al. (eds.) Coordination, Organization, Institutions and Norms in Agent Systems I , Proc. ANIREM'05/OOOP'05, , Springer, LNAI 3913, 2006, pp. 213 - 230
· Budhi Subagdja, Liz Sonenberg. Learning plans with patterns of actions in bounded-rational agents, in Proceedings of the Ninth International Conference on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems (eds) R Khosla, L Jain) Springer Verlag(Berlin), pages 30-36
· Raymond So and Liz Sonenberg. "The Roles of Active Perception in Intelligent Agent Systems," Proceedings of the Eighth Pacific Rim International Workshop on Multi-Agents (PRIMA'05), pp. 161-174, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 2005.
· "Goal-directed Automated Negotiation for Supporting Mobile User Coordination." I. Rahwan, F. Koch, C. Graham, A. Kattan, and L. Sonenberg Fifth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Using Context (CONTEXT'05). Paris, France. Jul/2005. Springer LNCS Volume 3554, Dey, A, Kokinov, B, Leake, D et al. (eds), pages 382 - 395.
· "Towards a Simulation Tool for Evaluating Dynamic Reorganization of Agents Societies." Virginia Dignum, Frank Dignum, Vasco Furtado, Adriano Melo, Liz Sonenberg: Workshop on Socially Inspired Computing @AISB Convention. April 2005, Hertfordshire, UK
· "A Dialogical Argument for
the Usefulness of Logic in MAS," Frank Dignum and Liz Sonenberg
The context discussion for a special section of Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation vol. 7, no. 4 (2004) on The Use of Logic in Agent-Based Social Simulation. See also the Editorial by Frank Dignum, Bruce Edmonds, and Liz Sonenberg.
· "Using multimedia content in intelligent mobile services," Fernando Koch and L. Sonenberg. WebMedia & LA-Web 2004 Joint Conference 10th Brazilian Symposium on Multimedia and the Web 2nd Latin American Web Congress (LA-Webmedia'04). pp. 41-43. Ribeirao Preto, BR. Oct/2004.
· "Situation Awareness in Intelligent Agents: Foundations for a Theory of Proactive Active Behaviour" Raymond So, Liz Sonenberg. Proceedings of the IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Intelligent Agent Technology (IAT 04) Beijing, September 2004, pages 86-92
· "Dynamic reorganization of Agent Societies," Virginia Dignum, Liz Sonenberg, Frank Dignum, In: Proceedings of CEAS : Workshop on Coordination in Emergent Agent Societies at ECAI 2004 , Valencia, Spain, 22-27 September 2004.
· "Supporting Impromptu Coordination Using Negotiation Technology and Mobile Devices," Iyad Rahwan, Connor Graham, Liz Sonenberg. In (eds) M. Barley and N. Kasabov. Intelligent Agents and MultiAgent Systems, Proceedings of the 7th Pacific Rim International Workshop on Multi-Agents, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence volume 3371, 2005, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pages 217-227
· Bargaining and Argument-based Negotiation: Some Preliminary Comparisons," I. Rahwan, L. Sonenberg and P. McBurney. In I. Rahwan, P. Moraitis and C. Reed (eds.), Argumentation in Multi-Agent Systems: First International Workshop, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence vol 3366, 2005, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pages 176-191
· "On Interest-Based Negotiation," Iyad Rahwan, Liz Sonenberg, Frank Dignum In F Dignum and M-P Huget (eds) Advances in Agent Communication, Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, volume 2922, 2004, pp 383-401
· "Agents with Initiative: A Preliminary Report," Raymond So, Liz Sonenberg, In (eds) M Nickles, M Rovatsos, G Weiss, Computational Autonomy: potential, risks, solution. Springer Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence vol 2969, 2004, pages 237-248
· "DecSys: an intelligent tutoring system for decimal numeration," T Boneh, A Nicholson, E Sonenberg, K Stacey, V Steinle Technical Report 134, Monash University School of Computer Science and Software Engineering (2003) 33 pages
· "Argumentation-Based Negotiation," I. Rahwan, S. D. Ramchurn, N. R. Jennings, P. McBurney, S. Parsons and L. Sonenberg (2003). The Knowledge Engineering Review, Volume 18, No. 4, 2003, pages 343-375
· "Towards a Theory of Negotiation Strategy: (A Preliminary Report)," Iyad Rahwan, Peter McBurney, Liz Sonenberg Abstract to appear at the Workshop on game theoretic and decision theoretic agents at the AAMAS03 conference
· "Towards Interest-Based Negotiation," Iyad Rahwan, Liz Sonenberg, Frank Dignum
In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multi-Agent Systems, Melbourne, July 2003, ACM Press, pp 773-780
· "A teaching model exploiting cognitive conflict driven by a Bayesian network," K. Stacey, E. Sonenberg, A. Nicholson, T. Boneh and V. Steinle. in P Brusilovsky, A Corbett and F de Rosis (eds), Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on User Modelling UM-03 , Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, ISSN: 0302-9743, Vol 2702, pp 352-362.
· "From Desires, Obligations and Norms to Goals" Frank Dignum, David Kinny, Liz Sonenberg. Cognitive Science Quarterly volume 3/4 (Fall/Winter 2002). Special Issues, Guest Editors M Miceli and C Castelfranchi, Desires, Goals, Intentions, and Values: Computational Architectures
· "Investigating commitment flexibility in multi-agent
contracts," Vanessa Teague and Liz Sonenberg. In Game Theory and
Decision Theory in Agent-Based Systems, (eds) S Parsons, P Gymtrasiewicz
and M Wooldridge, Kluwer, 2002, pp 267-292
Visualization of Complex Behavioural Data: A Case Study of Disturbance
Management in Anaesthesia,"
Kathleen Keogh and Liz Sonenberg, in Proceedings of Human Factors 2002 Melbourne November 25-27, 2002
· "Motivational attitudes of
agents: On desires, obligations and norms,"
Frank Dignum, David Kinny and Liz Sonenberg
In Proceedings of the Second International Worskhop of Eastern Europe on Multi-Agent Systems (eds) B Dunin-Keplicz and E Nawarecki, ISBN 83-915953-0-7, pages 61-70, 2001
· "A case study in knowledge
elicitation and discovery in an intelligent tutoring application,"
A Nicholson, T Boneh, T Wilkin, K Stacey, L Sonenberg, V Steinle, in Proceedings of the Seventeeth International Conference on Uncertainty in Artificial Intelligence, Seattle, August 2001, (eds) J Breese and D Koller, pages 386-394
· "A compositional semantics
for reasoning about concurrent events,"
David Morley and Liz Sonenberg,
In Proceedings of the Fourth International Workshop on Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Action and Change, (eds) M Thielscher and M-A Williams, Seattle, August 5th 2001, pages 51-57
· "An approach to specifying
coordinated agent behaviour,"
K Yoshimura, R Ronnquist and E Sonenberg,
in Design and Applications of Intelligent Agents (PRIMA 2000), (eds) C Zhang and V-W Soo, Springer LNCS vol. 1881, pp 115-127
· "Enhancing Multi-Agent Based
Simulation with Human Decision-Making Strategies,"
Emma Norling, Liz Sonenberg, and Ralph Ronnquist,
in Proceedngs of the Second International Workshop on Multi-Agent Based Simulation (MABS 2000), (eds) S Moss and P Davidsson, Springer LNCS vol. 1979, pages 214-228
socially sophisticated BDI agents,"
Frank Dignum, David Morley, Liz Sonenberg and Lawrence Cavedon, in Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on MultiAgent Systems July, Boston, USA, pp 111-118 ICMAS 2000
"Bayesian user modelling for inferring students' misconceptions
Elise Dettman, Ann Nicholson, Liz Sonenberg, Kaye Stacey, Vicki Steinle
Extended abstract at AI'99, Sydney, December 1999
Approach to Domain-Specialised Information Agents,"
Seng Wai Loke, Leon Sterling and Liz Sonenberg, Internet Research: Electronic Networking Applications and Policy 9(2), pp. 140-152, 1999
concept representation to retrieve information from a WWW site"
Anh van Bui, Nathan Lambert, Lin Padgham and Liz Sonenberg,
in Herzog M., Petta P.(eds.): KRIMS II Second International Workshop on Knowledge Representation for Interactive Multimedia Systems, June 1, ITC-IRST, Pante' di Povo (TN), Italy, Proceedings, Austrian Research Institute for Artificial Intelligence Technical Report TR-98-22, 1998, pages 29-36 held in conjunction with KR'98, Italy, June 1998
commitments, roles and preferred goals,"
Lawrence Cavedon and Liz Sonenberg, Abstract
in Proceedings of the 1998 International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems ICMAS98 Paris, July 1998, (ed) Y Demazeau, pp 80-87
· "On Teamwork and Common
Gil Tidhar, Anand S Rao and Liz Sonenberg, Abstract
in Proceedings of the 1998 International Conference on Multi-Agent Systems ICMAS98 Paris, July 1998, (ed) Y Demazeau, pp 301-308
· "ARIS: a shell for
information agents that exploits web structure"
Seng Wai Loke, Leon Sterling, Liz Sonenberg, Hoon Kim
Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Practical Applications of Intelligent Agents and Agent Methodology, (eds) H S Nwana and D T Ndumu, London, March 1998, pages 201-220
· "Following the path to the
gorillas ... or the banana tree: reasoning with nested beliefs"
Graham Barrington and Liz Sonenberg Abstract
in Proceedings of the AI'97 workshop on Theoretical and Practical Foundations of Intelligent Agents and Agent-Oriented Systems, pages 1-16 workshop home page
map here in postscript
text here in postscript
Commitment and Preferred Goals,"
Lawrence Cavedon and Liz Sonenberg Abstract
in Proceedings of the AI'97 workshop on Theoretical and Practical Foundations of Intelligent Agents and Agent-Oriented Systems, pages 33-46 workshop home page
The work is based on the BSc(Hons) thesis of Chris Grinton.
A copy of the full thesis in gzipped postscript form
(300K) is available here .
Tarred, gzipped source code is (temporarily) available here and here .
developing an accredited undergraduate software engineering program,"
Philip Dart, Lorraine Johnston, Cameron Schmidt and Liz Sonenberg Abstract
IEEE Software vol 14, no 6, Nov/Dec 1997, pages 66-70
"Teamwork via Team Plans in Intelligent Autonomous Agent
Lawrence Cavedon, Anand Rao, Liz Sonenberg and Gil Tidhar Abstract
in Proceedings of the International Conference on WorldWide Computing and its Applications, vol 1274 LNCS, Japan, 1997, pp 106-121