I work on human-computer interaction, digital health and emotion regulation. I have helped to design and evaluate technology interventions for a range of health conditions. I study how people use tools to manage their emotions. I work to co-design technologies with Indigenous communities.
- ARC Discovery Project: Conceptualising and Measuring 'Digital Emotion Regulation', led by Professor Vas Kostakos of the School of Computing and Information Systems
- NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence: Interactive Digital Technology to Transform Australia's Chronic Disease Outcomes, led by Professor Brian Oldenburg of Melbourne Population and Global Health
- MRFF Million Minds project: Bringing family, community, culture and country to indigenous youth mental health care, led by Professor Sandra Eades of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- ARC Discovery Indigenous Project: #thismymob: Establishing Digital Land Rights and Reconnecting Indigenous Communities through Emerging Technologies, led by A/Prof Chris Lawrence of UTS
- NHMRC Ideas project: Orygen Virtual World Project: bringing to life a new age of digitally enhanced youth mental health services, led by A/Prof Andrew Thompson of Orygen Youth Health.
- Remote but Connected: a co-created digital platform to enable caregivers to support independent living for people with disability in the face of Covid-19 led by Prof Lynette Joubert of the Department of Social Work
- VR-based therapies for youth mental health, led by Dr Greg Wadley of the the University of Melbourne.
- Moderated online social therapy for youth mental health, led by Professor Mario Alverez-Jimenez of Orygen: The National Centre of Youth Mental Health
- Living Archive of Aboriginal Art, led by Maree Clarke, Yorta Yorta artist
- Communities over the airwaves (Creativity and Wellbeing Hallmark Research Initiative), led by Dr Amanda Krause of the Melbourne Conservatorium Of Music
- Shepherd Foundation project: Driving to Health: A mental health app for taxi drivers led by Dr Sandra Davidson of the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences
- Beischer Foundation project: IVY: InVestigating an online community of support for emotional health in pregnancy, led by Professor Della Forster of Latrobe University
- WeHELP pregnancy support, with Western Health and the Melbourne Medical School
- MSSI project 'Communicating Climate Effectiveness: improving local development and climate change project effectiveness using mobile phones in the Nadi Basin, Fiji'
- ARC Linkage project Social Networking Sites for Ambivalent Socialisers: The Case of Smoking Cessation
- IBES project 'Getting Well and Being Present: Using ambient technology to create a presence at home and at school for hospitalised children'