- misc Conducted the Back to the Future Master Class with Professor Angela Ndalianis with public screening of the movie at
HOYTS Cinema, Melbourne Central, celebrating the arrival of the character Marty McFly to the 'future', 21 October 2015.
- Visit and Seminar Title: Robot Hands for the Real World
Time: 11am Wednesday 25 Nov 2015
Venue: Level 3 Mechanical Engineering Seminar Room, Room E311, Building 170.
Speaker: Professor Robert D. Howe
Thinker in Residence, Deakin University
Professor of Engineering, Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- media: Radio interview on Mornings with Steve Martin ABC774, 6 January 2015.
- misc We are awarded the Collier Charitable Funds (category: Public Educational Purposes in Australia)
to expand the RoboCup Junior Victoria competition to allow more schools to participate . Project title: RoboCup Junior Victoria: Raising Engineering Awareness and Interests in Engineering Career among Young Australians.
- media: Our undergraduate Robotic teaching Laboratory (and our Capstone students: David Wisth, Nick Loo, Amman Humayunfer) featured in Channel 10 (national) TV: Scope Season 3 Episode 40, 18 December 2014.
- media: Channel 9 National News on our Rehabilitation Robotics work with the Royal Melbourne Hospital , 11 Nov 2014.
- media: Rehabilitation robotics in the Voice, 8 Dec 2014
- seminar: Melbourne Robotics Laboratory hosts the visit and seminar of Professor Steven Dubowsky (Director of the MIT Field and Space Robotics Laboratory), 5-12 Nov 2014 to the University of Melbourne, under the MERIT Visiting Scholar Fellowship. Professor Dubowsky presented his seminar on Smart Solar Powered for Sustainable Clean Water Systems for Small Remote Communities on 7 Nov 2014.
- media: This video could change your mind about the robotics revolution, Harry Polites, Business Spectator, 5 Sep 2014.
- event: Hosting RoboCup Junior!! RoboCup Junior Victoria State Final competition was held in Wilson Hall, University of Melbourne (on 29 Aug 2014) sponsored by the
Melbourne School of Engineering. This is the first time the event is hosted by the University and we are very excited to be involved. For the coverage, click here.
- staff: Welcome to Dr Alireza Mohammadi who joins us in July 2014 as a postdoctoral research fellow.
- conference: The Australasian Conference on Robotics and Automation is to be held at the University of Melbourne this year, 2-4 Dec 2014.
- media: Time to stop droning on about robots stealing our jobs by Harrison Polites, Business Spectator, 18 July 2014. The article featured some of my moderate views on how to best move forward in the world of technology today, ie. using technology (including robotics) to improve our quality, safety, productivity; and not take the unhealthy doom-and-gloom attitude of fearing technology.