Dr Patrick Pang
Dr Patrick Pang is an experienced educator and researcher at the School of Computing and Information Systems in the Melbourne School of Engineering of the University of Melbourne. He received his PhD from the University of Melbourne. He is also a certified health informatician in Australia. His research interests include digital health policies and implementations, e-government, smart city, social media and data-driven policies. Some of his recent research projects include studying the regulations and design of the national electronic health records in Australia, and investigating the IT adoption in the social care sector. In addition to classic qualitative and quantitative methodologies, he is interested in applying machine learning techniques and big data analytics to discover insights from research data. His work is recognised locally and internationally in prestigious journals and conferences such as Journal of Medical Internet Research (the most-cited digital health journal; recommended by AIS SIG Health), Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (with one best paper nomination) and Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences.
- Pang PCI, Chang S and Clavisi O. 2020. Intention of Use of the Patient-centric Research Engagement Portal (PREP). Proceedings of the 24th Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems (PACIS 2020), AIS. (Accepted)
- Pang PCI and Liu L. 2020. Why Do Consumers Review Doctors Online? Topic Modeling Analysis of Positive and Negative Reviews on an Online Health Community in China. Proceedings of the 53rd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS 2020), pp. 705-714.
- Edib Z, Jayasinghe Y, Hickey M, Stafford L, Anderson R, Su H, Stern K, Saunders C, Anazodo, A, Chang S, Pang PCI, Agresta F, Chin-Lenn L, Cui W, Pratt S, Gorelik A and Peate M. Exploring the Facilitators and Barriers to Using an Online Infertility Risk Prediction Tool (FoRECAsT) for Young Women with Breast Cancer: A Qualitative Study Protocol. BMJ Open, 10, e033669. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2019-033669
- Edib Z, Jayasinghe Y, Hickey M, Gorelik A, Saunders C, Chang S, Pang P, Stern K and Peate M. 2019. Barriers and Facilitators of Implementing a Web-based Infertility Risk Prediction Tool (FoRECAsT) for Young Breast Cancer Patients into Clinical Practice. Asia-Pacific Journal of Clinical Oncology, 15, Wiley. doi:10.1111/ajco.13262
- Pang, PCI.; Temple-smith, M.; Bellhouse, C.; Trieu, VH.; Kiropoulos, L.; Williams, H.; Coomarasamy, A.; Brewin, J.; Bowles, A.; Bilardi, J. Online Health Seeking Behaviours: What Information Is Sought by Women Experiencing Miscarriage?. Studies in health technology and informatics. 2018, Vol. 252, pp. 118-125.
- Pang, PC-I.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Clavisi, O. The Use of Web-Based Technologies in Health Research Participation: Qualitative Study of Consumer and Researcher Experiences. Journal of medical Internet research. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2018, Vol. 20, Issue 10. DOI: 10.2196/12094
- Pang, PC-I.; Biuk-aghai, RP.; Yang, M.; Pang, B. Creating realistic map-like visualisations: Results from user studies. Journal of Visual Languages & Computing. ACADEMIC PRESS LTD- ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD. 2017, Vol. 43, pp. 60-70. DOI: 10.1016/j.jvlc.2017.09.002
- Pang, PC-I.; Clavisi, O.; Chang, S. Engaging Consumers with Musculoskeletal Conditions in Health Research: A User-entred Perspective. Studies in health technology and informatics. IOS PRESS. 2017, Vol. 239, pp. 104-111. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-783-2-104
- Biuk-aghai, RP.; Pang, PCI.; Pang, B. Map-like visualisations vs. treemaps - An experimental comparison. Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction. Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2017, Vol. Part F130152, pp. 113-120. DOI: 10.1145/3105971.3105976
- Pang, PC-I.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J. Designing Health Websites Based on Users' Web-Based Information-Seeking Behaviors: A Mixed-Method Observational Study. Journal of Medical Internet Research. JMIR PUBLICATIONS, INC. 2016, Vol. 18, Issue 6. DOI: 10.2196/jmir.5661
- Pang, PC-I.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J.; Chang, S. Finding and Exploring Health Information with a Slider-Based User Interface. Studies in health technology and informatics. IOS PRESS. 2016, Vol. 227, pp. 106-112. DOI: 10.3233/978-1-61499-666-8-106
- Pang, PCI.; Chang, S.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J. Innovation in designing health information websites: Results from a quantitative study. Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2016 - Proceedings. AISel. 2016.
- Pang, PC-I.; Harrop, M.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J.; Chang, S. What Are Health Website Visitors Doing? Insights from Visualisations Towards Exploratory Search. Proceedings of the 28th Australian Conference on Computer-Human Interaction. ASSOC COMPUTING MACHINERY. 2016. DOI: 10.1145/3010915.3011843
- Pang, PC.; Biuk-aghai, RP.; Yang, M. What makes you think this is a map? suggestions for creating map-like visualisations. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on Visual Information Communication and Interaction. ACM. 2016, pp. 75-82. DOI: 10.1145/2968220.2968239
- Pang, PCI.; Verspoor, K.; Pearce, J.; Chang, S. Better health explorer: Designing for health information seekers. OzCHI 2015: Being Human - Conference Proceedings. Association for Computing Machinery. 2015, pp. 588-597. DOI: 10.1145/2838739.2838772
- Pang, PCI.; Verspoor, K.; Chang, S.; Pearce, J. Better health information exploration. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series. ACM. 2015, Vol. 07-December-2015, pp. 10-15. DOI: 10.1145/2846439.2846444
- Pang, PCI.; Verspoor, K.; Chang, S.; Pearce, J. Designing for health exploratory seeking behaviour. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. 2014, Vol. 1276, pp. 5-8.
- Pang, CI.; Chang, S.; Pearce, J.; Verspoor, K. Online Health Information Seeking Behaviour: Understanding Different Search Approaches. Proceedings - Pacific Asia Conference on Information Systems, PACIS 2014. AISel. 2014.
- Pang, CI.; Biuk-aghai, RP. Map-like Wikipedia overview visualization. Proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems, CTS 2011. 2011, pp. 53-60. DOI: 10.1109/CTS.2011.5928665
- Biuk-aghai, RP.; Pang, CI.; Cheang, FHH. Visualization of large category hierarchies. Proceedings of the 2011 Visual Information Communication - International Symposium. ACM. 2011, pp. 2:1–2:10-2:1–2:10. DOI: 10.1145/2016656.2016658
- Pang, CL.; Biuk-aghai, RP. Wikipedia world map: Method and application of map-like wiki visualization. Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Wikis and Open Collaboration. ACM. 2011, pp. 124-133. DOI: 10.1145/2038558.2038579
- Pang, CI.; Biuk-aghai, RP. A method for category similarity calculation in wikis. WikiSym’10. 2010. DOI: 10.1145/1832772.1832798