- spatio-temporal data mining;
- traffic data analytics;
- geospatial map applications; and
- geospatial data visualization.
A pdf version of my CV can be downloaded here.
Ph.D. in Computer Science, The University of Melbourne, Australia (thesis approved on Nov 2016)
M.E. in Distributed Computing, The University of Melbourne, Australia 2012
B.E. in Software Engineering, Beihai College of Beihang University, China 2010
- Li, Hengfeng, Lars Kulik, and Kotagiri Ramamohanarao. “Automatic Generation and Validation of Road Maps From GPS Trajectory Data Sets.” Submitted to the 25th ACM International Conference on Information and Knowledge Management (CIKM 2016) (pp. 1523-1532). ACM.
- Li, Hengfeng, Lars Kulik, and Kotagiri Ramamohanarao. “Robust inferences of travel paths from GPS trajectories.” International Journal of Geographical Information Science (IJGIS) 29, no. 12 (2015): 2194-2222. [PDF] [Code]
- Li, Hengfeng, Lars Kulik, and Kotagiri Ramamohanarao. “Spatio-temporal trajectory simplification for inferring travel paths.” In Proceedings of the 22nd ACM SIGSPATIAL International Conference on Advances in Geographic Information Systems (SIGSPATIAL 2014), pp. 63-72. ACM, 2014. (Acceptance rate: 21.2%) [PDF] [Data]
Ladoo Pty. Ltd.
Oct 2016 — Present
- Work on the front-end such as maintaining user interface, making email templates, etc.
- Design and implement data collectors to archive activities for connected social accounts.
- Work on the backend such as implementing the organisation structure of our web app Brolly.
The University of Melbourne
Mar 2013 — Jul 2016
- Head Tutor for COMP90020 Distributed Algorithms (2016 Semester 1).
- Tutor for COMP90038 Algorithms and Complexity (2016 Semester 1).
- Tutor for COMP90018 Mobile Computing Systems Programming (2015 Semester 2).
- Lab demonstrator for GEOM90042 Spatial Information Programming (2015 Semester 1).
- Tutor for COMP90017 Sensor Networks and Applications (2013 Semester 2).
- Lab demonstrator for GEOM90042 Spatial Information Programming (2013 Semester 1).
Tech Used: Python, Java, Swift, iOS programming
The University of Melbourne
Jul 2012 — Jun 2016
Research Project: Road Maps Generation from Imprecise GPS Trajectory Data [Poster'16]
- Processed and cleaned a large amount of GPS trajectory data.
- Developed an algorithm to infer road maps from GPS trajectory data.
- Designed and implemented evaluation experiments.
Tech Used: Python, Numpy, Matplotlib, scikit-learn, Scipy
- Processed and analyzed map data from OpenStreetMap.
- Designed and developed inference algorithms to reconstruct travel paths from imprecise trajectory data.
- Measured the performance metrics and evaluated the accuracy.
Tech Used: Java, Python, Numpy, Matplotlib
- Refactored the core part of microscopic vehicle simulation.
- Developed a web application for visualizing the movement of vehicles.
- Processed and analyzed the complex traffic data generated by the simulator.
Front-end Engineer (Intern)
Dec 2011 — Feb 2012
- Implemented and maintained web pages for important public activities and events.
- Developed an internal tool to manage the usage of multiple development servers.
- Added new features to the internal project management system, such as asynchronous data update and autocompletion.
Awards and Scholarships
- Excellence in Tutoring Award in the Department of Computing and Information Systems in 2016 SEM1.
- Best poster award on CIS Doctoral Colloquium in the University of Melbourne in 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Student volunteer for ACM SIGMOD 2015 (Melbourne, Australia).
- Recipient of the scholarships MIRS and MIFRS by the University of Melbourne, 2012.
- One of Part 2 winners in IBM Master the Mainframe Contest Australia 2012.
- Recipient of the Dean's Honor Award (top 5% student) in the School of Engineering in 2011.
- The 2nd National Award on CUMCM (China Undergraduate Mathematical Contest in Modeling) in 2008.
- points and lines duality demo : An interactive demo to illustrate duality of points and lines.
- pymapplot : Overlays on map tiles in Python.
- osm-parser : A parser for osm files that contains the map data from OpenStreetMap..
- knn-grid-impl : A grid indexing implementation of KNN on nodes and edges of a graph.
- leetcode-oj : My solutions for Leetcode Online Judge in Python.
- sicp-solutions : My solutions for exercises in Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs (SICP).
- text-calendar : An interesting text calendar generator.
- spelling-correction : Some algorithms for spelling correction.
- higher-ibm-models : Higher IBM models for statistical machine translation.