I am a research fellow in the School of Computing and Information Systems within the University of Melbourne. With undergraduate backgrounds in both computer science and philosophy, in general my research interests fall between the two. My PhD thesis was in the areas of artificial intelligence and the philosophy of information and computation.
Presently my work is mainly in the areas of artificial intelligence and e-psychology/cyberpsychology. I am affiliated with the Orygen youth mental health centre, being a member of its e-mental health team eOrygen and lead programmer of the Moderated Online Social Therapy (MOST) project.
Select Refereed Publications
- Artificial Intelligence-Assisted Online Social Therapy for Youth Mental Health. Frontiers in Psychology. 2017; Volume 8.
- A next-generation social media-based relapse prevention intervention for youth depression: Qualitative data on user experience outcomes for social networking, safety, and clinical benefit, In Internet Interventions, Volume 9, 2017, Pages 65-73, ISSN 2214-7829, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.invent.2017.06.002.
- Moderated online social therapy for depression relapse prevention in young people: pilot study of a 'next generation' online intervention. Early Intervention in Psychiatry, doi: 10.1111/eip.12354.
- Truthlikeness and the Lottery Paradox via the Preface Paradox. Australasian Journal of Philosophy.
- Belief merging with the aim of truthlikeness. Synthese, July 2016, Volume 193, Issue 7, pp 2013–2034
- Explicating a Standard Externalist Argument against the KK Principle. Logos & Episteme. 2013; Volume IV(4):399–406
- The Logic of Knowledge and the Flow of Information. Minds and Machines. August 2014, Volume 24, Issue 3, pp 307–325
- Supplementing Belief Revision for The Aim of Truthlikeness. The Reasoner, September 2011.
- On Quantifying Semantic Information. Information. 2011; 2(1):61-101.
- Mental Health - Stories from the Trenches (Peak15 Health Tech, October 18th 2017)
- Integrity Constraints and Truth for Belief Change (RMIT Computer Science Department, November 27th 2015)
- Revising our Beliefs Towards the Truth (University of Wollongong Decision Systems Lab Research Seminar, October 20th 2014)
- A Framework for Semantic Information (University of Melbourne Philosophy Postgraduate Seminar Series, July 24th 2012)
- The Logic of Knowledge and the Flow of Information (Fourth Workshop on the Philosophy of Information, May 2012, University of Hertfordshire)
- The Logic of Knowledge and the Flow of Information (University of Melbourne Logic Seminar Series, November 4thth 2011)
- Conceptions of Information within Philosophy (The Difference that Makes a Difference, Open University Milton Keynes, 2011)