I'm a PhD candidate at Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory Of Computer Science at University of Melbourne, under the supervision of Prof. Rajkumar Buyya. Before entering the University of Melbourne, I received my M.Sc. degree of Computer Engineering in 2011 and my B.Sc. degree of Information Technology Engineering in 2008, both from the Amirkabir University of Technology.
My research interests include: Cloud computing, Energy and carbon-efficient computing, Distributed systems, Interconnection networks design, High-speed router architecture, Broadband communications, Network protocols and services.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Department of Computing and Information Systems, The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2012-till now.
- M.Sc. in Computer Architecture Engineering, Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, 2008-2011. (GPA: 18.37/20)
- B.Sc. In Information Technology Engineering, Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran, 2004-2008. (GPA: 16.29/20)
- Diploma in Mathematics and Physics, The High School Affiliated to the University of Kurdistan, Sanandaj, Iran, 2000-2004. (GPA: 19.57/20)
Awards and Honors
- Obtained the Richard E. Merwin Student Scholarship Award, IEEE Computer Society, 2013.
- Obtained the Melbourne Abroad Travelling Scholarship (MATS), The University of Melbourne, 2013.
- Obtained the Google PhD Travel Prize, Google Australia, 2013.
- Obtained the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) from the department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Australian Government, 2012-2015.
- Ranked 3rd among M.Sc. students of Computer Architecture major, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2011.
- Privileged student for studying M.Sc. without entrance exam, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2008.
- Ranked 4th among B.Sc. students of Information Technology major, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2008.
- Ranked 756th among more than 500,000 participants in the national university entrance exam for B.Sc. degree, 2004.
- Qualified for Second Round of National Olympiad in Chemistry, 2002.
- Ranked 1st in the Annual Physics Lab. Olympiad, Sanandaj, Iran, 2002.
- Ranked 1st in the Annual Chemistry Lab. Olympiad, Sanandaj, Iran, 2002.
- Ranked 1st in the Annual Chemistry Lab. Olympiad, Sanandaj, Iran, 2001.
- Accepted to study in The High School Affiliated to the University of Kurdistan as a result of being top 1% among all the participants taking the entrance exam, 2000.
- Atefeh Khosravi, “An Introduction to Cloud Computing and Challenges”, Uplink, Journal of IEEE Victorian Section, Jul. 2014, pp. 6-7.
- Atefeh Khosravi, Saurabh Kumar Garg, and Rajkumar Buyya, “Energy and Carbon-Efficient Placement of Virtual Machines in Distributed Cloud Data Centers”, Proceedings of the 19th International European Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing (Euro-Par’13), Aug. 2013, Springer, Aachen, Germany, pp. 317-328.
- Atefeh Khosravi, Siavash Khorsandi, Mohammad K. Akbari, "Hyper Node Torus: A New Interconnection Network for High Speed Packet Processors", Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (CNDS’11), Feb. 2011, pp. 106-110.
- M.Sc. Thesis: "Analysis and Design of High Speed Network Processor Architecture with respect to Off-chip Memory-CMP Interconnection Network" , Advisor: Dr. Siavash Khorsandi, Co-Advisor: Dr. Mohamad Kazem Akbari, Fall 2010.
- B.Sc. Thesis: "Analyzing of eTOM Standard and Designing SLA Management for Iran Telecommunication Company", Advisor: Dr. Siavash Khorsandi, Summer 2008.
- M.Sc. Seminar: "High Speed Network Processors Architecture", Advisor: Dr. Siavash Khorsandi, Fall 2009.
- Instructor for Computer Networks Laboratory, Undergraduate Courses, Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Amirkabir University of Technology, Fall 2011.
- Co-Teacher in Computer Networks Design Course, Graduate Courses, Virtual Education Center of the Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Amirkabir University of Technology, Fall 2010--2011.
- Co-Teacher in Advanced Computer Networks Course, Graduate Courses, Virtual Education Center of the Department of Computer Engineering and Information Technology, Amirkabir University of Technology, Spring 2010--2011.
- Treasurer, IEEE Victorian Section, Computer Society Chapter, Dec. 2012-till now.
- Vice-Chair, IEEE Student Branch, The University of Melbourne, Jul.2014-Oct. 2014.
- Treasurer, IEEE Student Branch, The University of Melbourne, Sep. 2012-Jun. 2014.
- Vice-Chair, IEEE Woman in Engineering-Student Affinity Group, The University of Melbourne, Oct. 2012-Feb. 2014.
- Computing and Information Systems Postgraduate Group Seminar Coordinator, The University of Melbourne, Mar. 2012-Apr. 2013.
- Student Executive Committee of 1st International Information and Knowledge Technology Conference, Amirkabir University of Technology, 2005.
- IEEE Computer Society, Since Mar. 2012.
- Alumni Association of Amirkabir University of Technology, Since 2008.
- Intern Placement and fully Involved in Section Affairs, Feb. 2014-Feb. 2015.
- IEEE Computer Society Student Ambassador, Serve as a Liaison between the IEEE Computer Society Member and Geographic Activities Board (MGAB) and Student Members in the Region, Jan. 2014-Jan. 2015.
- Vocational Placement on Data Modeling for NABERS (National Australian Built Environment Rating System) for Data Centers project, Aug-Nov. 2012.
HPCRC (High Performance Computing Research Center), Amirkabir University of Technology
- Research Assistant on Developing Cloud Computing on the Amirkabir National Supercomputer, Jul. 2011- Jan. 2012.
- Data Center Services Design Engineer, Consulting and Supervisory of the Iran National Data Center Project, 2011.
- Network Design Engineer, Comprehensive Consulting and Supervisory of the Iran National IP/MPLS Core Network Project, 2007-Jan. 2012.
- Iran National IP/MPLS Network Management System ATP Test, OSS (HP Openview), 2010-2011.
- Iran National IP/MPLS Cisco and Huawei Integration Design, 2010-2011.
- Network Services Design (Inter-AS VPN, Multicast, L3VPN, VPLS), 2010-2011.
- Design and Consultancy of Iran IP/MPLS Backbone Network, 2009-2010.
- Iran IP/MPLS Backbone Network Test, 2009-2010.
- Configuration and Implementation of Iran IP/MPLS Backbone Network, 2009-2010.
- Configuration and Implementation of Qom Province Access Network, 2009-2010.
- Configuration and Implementation of Ilam Province Access Network, 2009-2010.
- Configuration and Implementation of Charmahal Province Access Network, 2009-2010.
- Technical Network, Management and Security Detail Design Finalization of TIC IP/MPLS Network, 2009.
- Conceptual and Detail Design of Iran IP Network (Core/Edge/Metro/Access) and preparation of RFP documents, 2007-2008.
- Simulation and Evaluation of the Iran Telecom Network in OPNET Environment and Conceptual Design Documentations, 2007.
Fava Pars Co. and Amirkabir University of Technology
- Network Design of Tehran Scientific and Research Network, 2006.
- Designing and Simulation of Data network for Iran Data Communication Company, Feb. 2005-2006.
Cloud Computing Platforms
- CloudSim Simulator, Gridbus Broker, OpenStack
Network Design Concepts
- TCP/IP, IS-IS, OSPF, RIP, BGP, MPLS, L3VPN, L2VPN, RSVP, LDP, VoIP, Video On-Demand, Multicast, Quality of Service, Designing Enterprise and Carrier Networks, Inter and Intra AS Service Design)
Network Equipment and Configuration
- Huawei: NE5000E Router, NE80E Router, Eudemon 8080E Firewall, Eudemon 1000E Firewall, NIP 1000 ID
- Cisco: 7000, 6000, 3000, 2000 Router Series
- ZTE: T1200 Router, T600 Router, 8905 Switch, 10800 BRAS
- HP: DL380G5, DL380G6, DL580, BL870c and BL860c Servers
Network Design Tools
- OPNET (Modeler & SP Guru & IT Guru ,VNE server)
- GNS Network Simulator
- Packet Tracer
Network Tester Devices
- Spirent (Smartbits, TestCenter, Avalanche, Abacus)
Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Topology Detector
- Netflow, Wireshark (Ethereal)
Programming and Script Languages
- Java, C++, Assembly, Visual C, Pascal, MySQL, Java Script, PHP, HTML, XML
- Performance Management, Fault Management, Configuration Management, Accounting Management, Security management
Network Management Systems
- HPOpenView OSS, ZTE NetNumen, Huawei DMS U2000
Business and IT Management Infrastructures
- eTOM and ITIL
- English - Fluent
- Persian - Native Speaker
Last updated was on March 2015.